Sunday, June 3, 2007

whoa, super fast connection in goa!

I'm taking advantage of this super fast connection. I've uploaded some pics from the Ajanta and Ellora caves, along with some pics of some families I met.

My driver Aleem, and a goat!


This is one of the families who took my picture. And so I took one of them.


Another family. I snapped one photo, then asked if they wanted to see a preview on my LCD screen. They all crowded around my little camera in .05 seconds. When I asked to take another photo, they immediately started smoothing their hair down, particularly the men, and agreed:


And here is a pic post-grooming:






These girls were particularly lovely. I took some video of them singing in one of the caves. I'll have to upload it on Youtube when I get back.

9 comments:

Kyong said...

sej! i love your posts & pics! i haven't been on the net in the last few days. so i'm trying to catch up with your adventures as fast as i can.

Unknown said...

great pix sejan! now i am almost embarrassed to show my vacation pix from disneyland.... ^~^

Unknown said...

... thou, i was trying to save the universe, you know. http://disneyland.com/buzzphotos
CODE NUMBER: B4124701E0CD312B08BF02418559A669
... to infinity and beyond!!!

Brian said...

great photojournalism - it's good to know rock stardom hasn't gone to your head! did you follow through with your plan to adopt Indian dress, to more effectively blend in? If you're traveling incognito, you have to post at least one self-portrait, for everyone.

stay safe!

Unknown said...

It's great you're having so much fun and now you have fans all over the world- including us in SC. Pictures are great!

ctheokas said...

Love the pics, especially the men smoothing their hair. Love the blog, Sej. Keep it up!

sy said...

thanks, everyone!! I'm so glad y'all like the pics and are enjoying the blog. It's really cool that I can share pics and stories while I'm here.

celina, that pic is hilarious! I'm glad that saving the universe somehow involves a video camera :)

brian, I have yet to buy a salwar kameez (I know what they're called now!), but still plan to do it, especially for when I'm in Delhi. I will definitely take a pic!

Mariné said...

I love it! So raw, like the kind of trips I'd make to that region. Keep it up! Thank you for sharing your life experiences with us :)

sy said...

hi, and thanks, mariné! glad you are enjoying it :)